Clean Sweep for Flying Sooners
For the first time, every representative of Outreach’s 2014 Flying Sooner team won an award at the 36th annual Okie Derby at Sundance Oklahoma City Airport this month.
“They did great and were outstanding community ambassadors to the Oklahoma aviation community,” said Ken Carson, OU Aviation director.
The awards received include:
- Best Collegiate Team – Keenyn Duncan and Robin Torres
- Overall 1st Place – Keenyn Duncan and Robin Torres
- Best 99 participant – Keenyn Duncan
- Best First Time Participant – Keenyn Duncan
- $5,000 99’s Wings of Freedom scholarship – Keenyn Duncan
- 8th place of 24 teams – Susan Amstutz and Matt Johnson
- 5th place of 24 teams – OU Certified Flight Instructor – Gary Medina and Dave McClurkin
Keenyn Duncan is a Professional Pilot junior. She is a US Air Force reservista in a Tinker AWACS squadron, in OU ROTC and pursuing a US Air Force pilot training slow. She just returned from summer field training and was a distinguished graduate.
Robin Torres is a Certified Flight Instructor and a graduate of the Professional Pilot program.
Susan Amstutz is a sophomore from Tulsa pursuing Professional Pilot. She is also a member of the OU Pride marching band.
Matt Johnson is also a Certified Flight Instructor and he works full time at the Federal Aviation Administration Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City.
Congratulations, 2014 Flying Sooner team!